Thursday, July 26, 2012

 After becoming obsessed with Pinterest and filling up my boards.  I figured it was time to actually do, taste or make some of those ideas I thought were fabulous.  It started with my garden, rather the back yard.  I began spray painting just about everything for a fresh new look.  I turned bistro chairs into planters, a chandelier into a bird feed and hung it from a metal archway, painted a vintage metal tea cart as a plant stand.  They all turned out really cute and I was happy with them.  As the weather turned warm, yeah a toasty 103* +, my thoughts turned to the inside of the house and went looking for things to spruce it up in where the Air Conditioning was fine!!   My first project was a small curio cabinet that I got for just $7.00 at a garage sale.  That same weekend I found a buffet for $20.  Here are the before and after pictures



The buffet painted up so well and I loved the drawers as they were so I just polished them up and I like the way it has turned out.  Its waiting to be put into its home in the kitchen, but the kitchen isn't ready for it!!


 And here is the finished Curio, now housing  a sampling of my teapots!


Other projects are in the works!  Soon to post the images of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment