Friday, August 3, 2012

Giving This Another Try~~Blogging!!

I tried my hand at blogging about 4 years ago and just never got the hang of it.  I do not know or understand the use of a computer very well...but I try.  So here's to me, trying my 'Silly Notion' again.
I keep very busy with my family, my job and my hobbies and friends.  So to fit in a blog may not be all that easy for me.  A little bit of information about me:  I have been married to the same wonderful man for over 37 years.  We have to children that we are oh, so proud of.  They have been such a blessing to us and now they are even more dear, because they have both given us a grand gift--we are grandparents...Mema and Papa to two adorable granddaughters.  We couldn't be happier!!

My job is one of a care giver.  I have had my own Family Child Care Business for over 25 years.  It has been the best job I could have ever dreamed of.  Like many, I started because I wanted to be home while my kids were young and starting school.  It was important for me to be there for them and the thought of leaving them with someone else was just impossible.  Thought I would do it for 3 or 4 years but found that I loved it and I was very good at it.  It became my calling and my profession.

A few hobbies have crept up over the past several years.  I enjoy photography which lead to scrap booking, of course.  I have a whole room bulging with supplies I just knew I would need someday.  I have indulged in a bit of gardening, to which I find I am not very good.  And over the years I have dabbled in refinishing and repainting pieces of furniture for our use in the home and now I am finding, with the help of a the new 'buzz word' RE PURPOSING, I am enjoy it ever so much.  I enjoy the hunt as much as the finished results.  I have struggled with a few lately, but am determined to not let a chunk of wood beat me!!

I have just a few close and dear friends.  I have a few dear Internet friends, some I have not yet met, but feel connected to them through or common likes and Christian Faith.  I need them to build me up, keep me focused, pray for me, laugh at and with me and to hold me accountable, as I try to do for them.

So here goes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment